Position: Part-time Assistant Coach
Gold’s Gym Aquatics club is looking for a part-time assistant coach to help lead our program. Gold's Aquatics Club is a competitive swim club, providing a positive outlook for all swimmers, regardless of age and ability. We empower everyone to reach their highest potential, both as an athlete and citizen. We believe that by providing a safe and protected environment we will build champions for life. We understand that winning is not only how you finish the race, but more importantly, how you approach the challenge.
At Gold's Aquatics Club, our belief is that all youth will succeed in an environment where they feel connected, encouraged, supported and safe. We look forward to being the foundation of this experience. We will provide a safe, protected, and positive learning opportunity for every swimmer. We attribute our success to the support and commitment from all our families.
The preferred candidate is proactive, organized, communicates effectively, and is willing to learn and collaborate within a team environment that includes both Swimming and Artistic Swimming. They will have experience teaching swimming as well as coaching and be comfortable leading groups of young swimmers on their own. Ideally, the candidate will be someone that comes with a strong technical background and is able to demonstrate initiative and contribute ideas in a community that is full of potential. The candidate must approach the program with a ‘swimmer first’ mentality and endeavor to make the in-person coaching sessions engaging, motivating and fun for the participants.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- 8-12 hours per week of on-deck coaching of year-round competitive and non-competitive Swim Team.
- 1-2 hours of administrative work per week as needed for lead training groups and supporting the Head Coach (seasonal planning, writing sessions, meet entries, keeping attendance and results, communicating regularly with membership, weekly reporting to Head Coach etc.)
- Swim Meets and events as required.
- 3-8 hours of Swim School teaching (Fundamental skills, stroke development) per week during term time
- Other community focused programs where space, time, and resources allow.
Qualifications and experience required:
- ASCA Level 2 or equivalent education
- 3 or more years age-group coaching experience
- First Aid & CPR, or the ability to get prior to employment.
- Valid or Current Lifeguarding certificate, or ability to get prior to employment.
Reporting to: Aquatics Coach & VP Club Operations
Today Gold’s Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold’s Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold’s Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We’ll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you’ll share in the rewards for your efforts.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)