All employees get a FREE GYM MEMBERSHIP!
Must be available for some club closing shifts.
M-FRI 5:15 - 9:15pm
Must be available for Weekend shifts
Sat 7:45-12:45 or 12:15-4:15 or 3:15pm- 7:15pm
Sun 7:45-12:45 or 12:15 - 5:15pm
The Front Desk position is a key position with in the club. The front desk is where our guests and members receive their first impressions of the club as they enter. The Front Desk Associate is required to greet guests and members with warmth and enthusiasm by smiling and welcoming each person into our location. The Front Desk Associate is expected to tour and enroll guests in memberships, personal training services, and provide accurate and detailed information about our facility In addition to assisting our guest and members with questions and providing excellent customer service, our The Front Desk Associate helps maintain a high level of cleanliness within the club by conducting regular walk throughs. The The Front Desk Associate assists in day to day operations that include, but is not limited to, setting up monthly billing, handling billing issues, educating members on club services and supplements, and many other operational duties. This job entails a wide scope of duties and offers room for career growth within the company. This entry level position.
- Enthusiastically greets each members and guests promptly using the proper greeting for time of day to create a friendly positive entrance and departure to and from the gym.
- Provides security and control to the front door and retail area of the facility.
- Personally checks each member into the gym using the proper check-in procedures.
- Monitor check-ins to identify delinquent accounts and notifies Gym Operations Supervisor.
- Register all guests into the gym using proper registration procedures.
- Ensures that guests and appointments are directed to the appropriate fitness consultant in a prompt, professional manner.
- Answers phone by the third ring in a professional and courteous manner and uses proper phone greeting techniques.
- Addresses caller's requests and/or takes appropriate messages noting caller's name.
- Registers all telephone inquiries in the script pad and in the Master Production Binder and transfers the call to the appropriate Fitness Consultants.
- Responsible for following up on telephone inquiries to ensure that the appointment was booked properly.
- Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries and concerns.
- Maintain neat appearance and wear proper uniform attire with nametag while on duty.
- Distributes keys, towels and other materials as needed.
- Reserves time/makes appointments for special classes or other activities sponsored by the gym.
- Processes retail and concession sales.
- Attends all staff meetings as directed.
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area according to Company standards.
- Responsible for gym walk-thru as designated in walk-thru log.
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures as instructed in the FDA training manual.
- Logs all maintenance concerns that are reported.
- Follows and reports any safety concerns.
- Notifies management of gym incidents that requires incident reports.
- Works when scheduled and adheres to company attendance policies.
- Performs other reasonable work assignments as directed by the Gym General Manager and/or Operations Supervisor to include but not limited to light cleaning and picking up of weights.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both staff and members.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, non-verbally and in writing is required
- Understanding of basic accounting principles is required.
- Understanding of basic cash processing procedures is required.
- Functional computer skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to include holidays and weekends.
- Must be able to lift 25lbs repeatedly and stand for extended periods of time
- Uphold Gold's Gym Vision, Mission, Values and code of conduct.
- Comply with all Gold's Gym policies and procedures
Today Gold’s Gym is the most recognized name in fitness serving more than 3 million members in 38 states and 28 countries around the world. Always at the forefront of the fitness revolution, Gold’s Gym has continually evolved its profile by equipping gyms with the best amenities, the latest in cardio and strength training equipment and functional training areas as well as the most dynamic group exercise programs including Zumba, yoga, group cycling, mixed martial arts, muscle endurance training, and Pilates. We also offer signature classes which include GRIT, P90X, and RIP 60.
Gold’s Gym is growing and looking for new team members to help us redefine strength. We’ll challenge your skills, talents and abilities and reward your every success. Ask yourself if you have what it takes. Become an active participant in our growth and you’ll share in the rewards for your efforts.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)