As a Club Manager, you have the responsibility for nurturing a club culture that champions your members and team members to be Motivating, Authentic and Passionate.
You cultivate your club's culture through assembling a team of people who are committed to improving lives through fitness and strengthening the communities we serve!
By delivering a consistent member-centric focus, and connecting with and empowering your team, you create a rewarding experience that generates financial results throughout all departments within your club.
- Consistently delivers a clean, friendly member and team member experience
- Provide and maintain the highest level of customer service through personal actions and development of staff
- Ensure facility is clean and operationally sound
- Manage all facets of the business to include sales, fitness, and gym operations
- Responsible for taking walk-in guests to deliver results in dues, meet expectations around personal production
- Oversee sales process and systems
- Manage, monitor, and evaluate the performance of all gym-related managers
- Hire, train and schedule all gym-level staff
- Facilitate and monitor company-wide initiatives
- Provide effective decision-making regarding customer service issues
- Plan and promote special events for the gym, monthly, to drive member engagement, using corporate marketing as needed
- Responsible for managing janitorial and office supplies, printing and forms and retail inventory
- Ensure compliance throughout the gym
What you bring
• 2-3 years of progressive management experience supervising 3-10 employees in a team environment, with measurable outcomes of employee development and promotion
• 3-5 years of broad retail/hospitality/operations industry experience, requiring high execution in both operations and service, with focus on high team member and/or customer turnover
• Experience managing P&L and trend reports, and demonstrated math and analytical / ratio skills
• Success in creating new teams and/or rebuilding teams in a collaborative environment
• Phenomenal communication skills, oral and written, with heavy emphasis on listening!
• Experience in turning around operationally and/or financially deficient departments or teams
• Demonstrated success managing through defined strategy and delegation
• High School diploma or equivalent required and gets you in the door, but we'd love to see a Bachelor's degree
• Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) certification required
• Must be able to work in an environment with occasionally high noise levels. The sound of weights clinking, feet flying across treadmills, and the laughter of lives changing can get loud.
• Must be able to move frequently through all areas of the club. Your day includes continuous engagement and interaction with team members and club members.
• Daily duties include lifting weights, squatting, bending, reaching, spotting, remaining in a stationary position for extended periods of time, and moving for prolonged periods of time.
• Occasionally required to demonstrate or explain proper physical fitness activities, techniques and procedures
• Must be able to access and operate Company computer system including preparing documents, entering data and email
• Full-time, with flexible availability across weekdays, weekends, and holidays to best serve our member community
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. See Job Description for further information about this job.
**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS NOT PROVIDED**